Thursday, May 7, 2015

Work. Lately.

Sorry I haven't posted in a few weeks! God has really be changing me and teaching me over the last month or so.

My heart has been bursting to share all about it, but I wasn't sure how it all fit in here for several reasons. Here are my excuses and my reason for deciding to over come the excuse.



EXCUSE 1: I want to be personal, but there's a fine line to being super personal? Right? Yes? No.

EXCUSE ANTIDOTE: Who cares!? This is MY blog any way...

EXCUSE 2: I felt  feel silly. Stupid. Flippant. Flighty. Uncommitted. Lost. Directionally challenged.

EXCUSE ANTIDOTE: WHO CARES!? This is MY blog anyway.... AND what's the point in sharing  about life if we don't expose the messy, unorganized, unplanned, uncommitted versions of ourselves.

EXCUSE 3: No pictures.

EXCUSE ANTIDOTE: Get pictures. Get outside your world and find something worthy of photographing! Even if they have nothing to do with your blog post...


Ok onto the good stuff.

So in a nut shell God continues to use my 'day job' - working in Corporate America (a place I thought I'd never be) to guide me, teach me and lead me to Him and HIS plan for my life.

I've been real nostalgic recently because my 10 year college reunion was last weekend.

You see for the past 10 years I have been wandering in the wilderness career wise. I'm not any closer to finding my 'dream job' than when I was 22 with a freshly printed diploma. Or am I?


Over the course of these 10 years I have thought about doing all of these things on more than one occasion, some of them I have done and/or tried: art teacher, stay at home mom, nail tech, Jazzercise instructor, motivational speaker, career counselor, personal coach/trainer, artist, photographer, nutritionist, blogger, communications professional, digital marketing professional, branding professional, camp counselor, retail merchandiser, going back to school, not going back to school, working for the zoo and probably 100 other things... ask my husband if you don't believe me.


All of this has led to a lot of unhappiness in my life. Constantly striving to push one of these avenues hoping to make it big.

And I may still do some of these things, but what I'm learning most right now is that it really isn't up to me to find the ONE thing. My dream job - if that even exists.

God continues to ask me stay where I'm at. To be a leader and light among the community of co-workers that I so dearly love here in 'corp-landia' (corporate land).


I always thought the 'job' was the enemy. I have been wrong. I didn't need a new job, a new boss or a new company. I just needed to let go of the walls that I put up separating my work, from the rest of my life.

The truth is, that all of  the fore mentioned things are ME and I'm finding more and more that it's ok that I have so many passions and interests. Rather than thinking I have to find the ONE thing that is my 'thing', I'm learning to embrace that all of it is who God made me to be.


I am finally at a place where I feel like my life is whole, rather than 100 different sections of it. Like my work life being over here and my personal life being over there and my dreams and aspirations are over here, hobbies there etc etc.

Being the control freak that I am, I think I have always tried to neatly compartmentalize each section, but God has been revealing to me ways in which they all ebb and flow. Learning to let go of the walls between everything, has allowed God to make my life and my spirit whole - something I had be striving to do on my own A LOT over the past few years.


All this to say that my little space here on the world wide web (my friends that work in social media, say I shouldn't use that term any more...) might start to look a little different. I want to highlight ALL the parts of my life that I am passionate about. Not just my artsy fartsy side.

More to come. And I apologize if this makes NO sense to you, but I just needed to get it out of my heart. I hope that it will encourage others to maybe a little more ok with their own life A.D.D!

We really don't have to have it all figured out.


2 comments:

  1. This post was exactly what I needed to read this morning. Exactly.

    Thank-you for being a messenger of God's truth for me today.
    xo
    (p.s.-awesome outfit!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara! Thanks - makes my heart happy. There's nothing more satisfying to me than being able to share my life and experiences in hopes that maybe it might help encourage some one or make us all realize we're really not as loony, insecure or alone as we think we are!! xoxo lady!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...