Friday, June 26, 2015

Re-focusing on the important

I recently heard that June is the new January.

If you know me at all, you know I love mornings, new weeks and new challenges. Whenever I start something new, it has to be a new month, a new week or the start of a new day. (I think that’s why God gave us mornings and nights, so we have the chance to start over every day).


The idea of June being like January got me thinking about how it is absolutely the perfect time to start something new or maybe take a look back at those January resolutions and put a fresh spin on them.

I love the excitement and anticipation of a fresh new project or goal!


I revisited some of my January goals and thought about making the ones I set more realistic, but what’s that to strive for… mediocrity?  I fully expect that I will fall short of most of these and I think there’s sage advice about setting reachable goals, but I kind of like thinking of these as the ideal way I’d like life to look!


1.       Read my bible everyday
2.       Paint or do mixed media in my sketchbook at least once a week
3.       Go on one new family adventure a month
4.       One date night a month


How about you? Any goals you’d like to revisit or new ones to start?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...